Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 Random Things & PICS



Wow I just realized I FINALLY have pictures to upload!!!! YAYYY.

So yes I went downtown on Monday to take pictures for my city shoot project. It was really fun! I went with my friend Sohyung who kind of showed me where to walk in order to get to Chinatown and Kensington Market. I hadn't been in that area for a while so it was nice to venture off, especially in this beautiful weather!


I took this kind of near my place. It was so cold, and I felt like an idiot taking pictures while people walked by...I have no idea why. Oh yes now I remember, it's because I couldn't remember how to get this effect. Note to self: small aperature, long shutter speed.


I got off St.Patrick station downtown to meet my friend, and I was overwhelmed by a longgggg line of protesters. Personally I LOVE protests. I love it when people who have one purpose in mind come together and fight for something they are passionate about. In this case, this is a bunch of people come together to stand up against the genocide against the Tamils that is currently happened in Sri Lanka. I remember thinking like an idiot on the subway, "Wow there are a lot of...brown people on the subway today carrying red flags. Is there a soccer game? *clickage in brain when I saw them*"


This is a shot of some graffiti at Kensingtong market and some trash bins. This is one of the shots that I eventually handed in for the project.


So showed me this AMAZING candy store that reminded me of that candy store in the old school Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I half expected the old man behind the counter to offer us some of that mysterious/fantastic candy soda/juice that they have in the movie. I've always wanted to try that. As well as the juice that came out of that tree that Pippi Longstocking had.


Soh looking at a wall...

And some more random pics!

3 comments:

Sarah Han said...

LISAAAA! hooray! you have a blog! =D
and you are procrastinating too! =D
haha, it's been TOO long, my dear dongseng, I hope things are going well, and that this comment finds you happy, healthy and in the Lord.
I follow you here, so keep updating, misses! Let's get together and do some face-to-face time once school quiets down. You're studying art now?! That's so amazing =D Can't wait to hear more about it!
AJA AJA! (stop procrastinating...like me...)

sun.ah said...

LOLLLLLL
i think u showed like... more than 10 things. but i enjoy hearing/watching you so it was fun.
and... yes.. i think "art is within" rachel kim, as well. like... ALL UP INS her. lol
she makes me smile.
and so do you.
how do you always look so pretty, btw.

Susan Park said...

I like the candy store shot :)